When you consider your next family trip, remember these reasons to make Arizona your next vacation destination. Known for desert heat, this state has so much more to offer for families and singles to view and do.
21 Reasons To Make Arizona Your Next Vacation Destination
- Grand Canyon: There isn’t much more to say other than this wonder of the world is a majestic place to experience. This blog has some good information http://blog.grandcanyonplaza.com/
- Meteor Crater: This is a great tourist destination that everyone can appreciate. A short video, great hands on museum and amazing guided tours that show specific areas where original explorers found evidence of a meteor impact are all part of what makes this special.
- Petrified Forest National Park: Not only do you see some of the most beautiful views in Arizona in this national park, you can walk along paths with great pieces of this fossilized forest to view it up close and personally.
- Flagstaff: This small big city nestled in the mountains near the Grand Canyon is a breath of fresh air. From summer activities near the park, to the beautiful ski lodges around the area for winter snow skiing, this city has amazing culture, food and relaxation.
- Phoenix: Phoenix is a great city to visit for sports enthusiasts, great culture, food and a wonderful view of the heart of Arizona. Family friendly yet offering plenty for adults to enjoy this is a great vacation destination. Also a hub for Southwest Airlines so a great inexpensive destination if flying.
- Winslow: “Standing on the corner in Winslow, Arizona” may make you think of the Eagles, but this small town holds plenty of charm
- It’s a Dry Heat: While temperatures reach insanely high points during summer months, it is true that dry heat is way easier to handle than the humidity of the Southern states.
- Sedona: As well as having a solid reputation as an artists’ enclave, Sedona offers visitors a wealth of trails ranging from leisurely jaunts to long, challenging backpacking treks.
- Painted Desert: There is almost nothing in the world as beautiful as the painted desert at sunset. The views are spectacular.
- Senoran Desert: A great hike full of cactus and classic Arizona views is perfect for a day long hike.
- Native American Reservations & Culture: There is no other area that gives you such a wonderful view of the modern Native American culture as well as their history in the states. There are so many great ways to view historical areas and Native American landmarks, as well as to interact with modern reservations.
- Horseshoe Bend: A totally free location with spectacular views. Great for a fun afternoon hike and picnic with the family. Just make sure to pack plenty of water.
- Dateland: This small town off the interstate is a great place to stop for a delicious fresh made Date Shake. Home of fields of dates, you can find everything from fresh dates by the pound, to ice cream, fudge, chocolates, jams and even date infused barbecue sauce at the small convenience store with restaurant.
- Devil’s Bridge: This natural rock formation bridge is a great hike and beautiful view for anyone to visit.
- Tucson: This city may not look like much from the freeway, but it is a great place for culture, music, food and shopping.
- Hiking: Not only can you hike in the parks and areas we’ve listed, but nearly everywhere in the state is a great place for outdoor enthusiasts to hike, explore and camp in.
- Kitt Peak National Observatory: View the skies and this amazing observatory for a fun adventure in astronomy and science.
- Snow Skiing: Many think of Arizona as only being a hot desert, but there are tons of ski resorts in the mountains that are popular for great winter themed sports and vacations.
- Golfing: Arizona has amazing world renowned golf courses all over the state, but Tuscon, Phoenix and Scottsdale are the most popular areas.
- Sunsets: You will never see a more beautiful sunset than over the desert or Grand Canyon.
- Havasupai Falls: Want beautiful waterfalls with gorgeous blue pools of water and rock outcroppings? Look no further than this destination in Arizona.
These reasons to make Arizona your next vacation destination are simple, yet impressive. There is nothing as gorgeous as this beautiful desert state with it’s mountains, flowers, snow, sunsets, desert colors and culture.